- on what I have seen with my own eyes,
- on what I have read .
- What I saw with my own eyes -- and what triggered me to look further at ‘global warming’ (of which I was just as convinced and abhorred by as anyone else at the time, not only through the media, but also through being forced by law of the Building Regulations to measure and judge the energy performance of the buildings I designed in kgCO2 instead of kWh) was during a visit to the Austrian Alps in 2007 and seeing evidence of kilometres high recent retreats of two glaziers up their respective valleys. Eureka I thought: this I can see confirms ‘global warming’!
- What I read – here just a few instances referred to on my blogsite:
- “To leave no doubt, in an interview published in the Neue Zürcher Zeitung on 14 November 2010, Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chair of IPCC Working Group III, said “The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War…. one must say clearly that de facto we redistribute the world's wealth by climate policy…. One has to rid oneself of the illusion that international climate politics have anything to do with environmental concerns.” Full story at: http://tinyurl.com/q4rtmvf
- “On this day, and the next day, and every day, a scarcely conceivable 4000 trillion kilowatt hours of energy reached the top of the earth’s atmosphere as sunshine… And over the course of the day, that energy served to turn hundreds of millions of tonnes of carbon dioxide into food and living tissue. And as a result the world stayed alive. That’s what really happened today.” Results of measuring global warming thus is at: http://tinyurl.com/ot2hlp4
- “Global warming did serve a couple of useful purposes. The issue has been a litmus test for our political class. Any politician who has stated a belief in global warming is either a cynical opportunist or an easily deluded fool. In neither case should that politician ever be taken seriously again. No excuses can be accepted.” Source at: http://tinyurl.com/ptgrz34
- “First and foremost, what you are about to read in this book regarding climate change is unvarnished, with no punches pulled…. This book will, however, be what every American and citizen of the world needs to know most about our climate. It will be something you have not been allowed to hear for almost twenty years. It will be – the truth.” http://tinyurl.com/p6ra4f3
and not to be missed is http://tinyurl.com/orwzfjj : tolle, lege!