Sent: 25 January 2013 20:36
To: Salzburg Global Seminar Session 454
Subject: We need to buy insurance, not discuss MUSINGS
My reply sent: Thu 31/01/2013 17:57
- between app. 900 to 1500CE the Alpine climate was at least as warm if not warner as now: the Rauris glaziers with their moraine traces, and historic accounts (and the riches provided for the Salzburg Prince-Archbishops), bear witness,
- during that period, there cannot have been any manmade CO2 contributions (or sudden absence) which could be claimed to account for the preceding and ensuing climate changes,
- ergo, there must be other natural sources of climate change far exceeding any greenhouse gases. Note: no rocket science or thermometers needed to reach that conclusion.
- extended Google (and other) searches were only able to find a single published account which apparently evaded IPCC sponsored censorship by their PR people doing an otherwise fine job at Gleichschaltung – but not necessarily reading the Fueilleton pages of newspapers.
- short ‘musing’: why was #454 not shown this first-hand evidence of current global warming available practically on the doorstep? At that time I was as convinced about AGW and global warming as anyone else, and mentioned my joy of seeing the evidence at first hand to our guide…. da capo.
- The global design problem
- Its timescale (solutions must be valid for grandchildren’s’ grandchildren)
- Method (democracy defined)
- Aim: Sustainability