Friday 4 January 2013

2013 NEW YEAR MUSINGS

2013  NEW YEAR MUSINGS

“Tell me how you measure it and I’ll tell you what you know” is a quotation that came to mind while reading a present  I gave myself for the yearend holidays, a quote which I thought stemmed from Lord Kelvin.  Worth an inspection, though, and here is the correct quote and attribution:

“When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science.”
William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin


In the sense of this full quotation, I have made a discovery which I would like to share, viz:

SUSTAINABILITY
 AND HOW TO MEASURE IT



HAPPY NEW YEAR 

No comments:

Post a Comment